HVS offers a six-month internship in its London office, starting in Jan-Feb 2019.
This is an excellent entry point into the Consulting and Valuation sector, working closely with some of the most esteemed figures in the Hospitality Industry, on prestige projects and properties across the European market. This internship offers exposure to various stages of hospitality ownership (feasibility studies, market studies, valuations, strategic advice, due diligence).
Please apply with both CV and motivation letter, addressing the description below:
- To shadow consultants in their day-to-day work, and to support them by conducting research and analysis as required;
- To support senior management in preparing presentations, etc;
- To assume responsibility for maintaining specific electronic HVS databases; and libraries;
- To organise and circulate key trends, news and statistics among team members;
- To actively seek new research opportunities and sources.
- Degree from or currently studying at a recognised hotel school or business school.
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken;
- Strong level of numeracy and an analytical aptitude;
- Knowledge of the European hotel sector;
- Strong computer skills, including financial modelling (Excel) and word processing (Word);
- The ability to speak at least one additional European language fluently would be desirable.
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Great time management skills;
- Ability to multi-tasking;
- Can be depended on by the team to meet deadline and goals (both internal and external);
- High personal, professional and ethical standards;
- High level of motivation & willing to ‘go the extra mile’;
- Self-starter, independent;
- Thirst for knowledge and experience;
- Creative thinker and problem solver; looks for better ways of doing things;
- Positive mental attitude;
A competitive compensation package is available.
* Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the UK **