DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
HVS Executive Search is a division of HVS, a fully integrated consulting firm focused on the hospitality industry. HVS is the world’s leading specialist in hospitality consultancy. With over 30 offices globally, HVS offers unparalleled market expertise.
HVS Executive Search provides advisory services to leaders of the hotel, restaurant, travel/leisure industries with offices in New York, San Diego, Los Angeles, Orlando, Denver, Atlanta, New Delhi, Mumbai, Hong Kong, London and Dubai. Practice areas include senior-level executive search, mid-management recruitment and organizational development services.
Our senior level executive search practice is industry specific focusing on functional specialty areas including Chief Executive Officer & Board Directors, Financial Officers, Acquisitions and Development, Asset Management, Human Resources, Operations and Sales & Marketing.
Our mid-management search practice is also industry specific focusing on functional specialty areas including General Manager, Director Sales/Marketing, Executive Chef and Director Human Resources.
Over the years, HVS Executive Search has established its reputation as the premier human capital advisory services firm, specializing in senior-level executive search, mid-management recruitment and Organizational Development strategies for the hospitality industry. With an expansive global network, HVS Executive Search possesses an unparalleled reach, having access to a vast pool of qualified profiles through its 500,000-strong contact database. Furthermore, HVS Executive Search Partners are recognized and revered as being industry mentors in their respective regions and have together executed over 4,500 mid management and senior level searches across the globe.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
This role will partner with the senior leadership in establishing a dedicated executive search practice that will supplement the firms’ core competencies; retained executive and mid-management search. Responsible for maintaining client relationship along with end to end management of a search assignment while adhering to standard operating procedures to solidify the position of HVS as a leader within the industry.
More specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationship with client
- Act as a one-point contact for all search related queries by client
- Follow up on payment status for the searches closed for the specific client
- Execution of Search assignment
- Gain understanding of clients’ organization and specifics of the position to be filled
- Create Search Strategy and define timelines
- Gain understanding, and thorough knowledge of competitors based on specific search assignment
- Contribution in Internal Processes
- Strengthen Internal Database (SPIDER)
- Updating of all mapping documents on SPIDER;
- Contribute ideas to strengthen/ streamline existing processes
- Build rapport and trust amongst colleagues
- Nurture a spirit of teamwork
- Attend seminars related to business development
Work with other HVS divisions to cross-sell worldwide consulting services that may be of the benefit to the executive seach segment.
- Participate in writing articles, speaking engagements, press relationships and sales presentations
The position will report to the Managing Director - Europe & Asia Pacific
- Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in the same or similar work domain; with a consulting/executive search firm or handling in house recruitment for an organization. Prior work experience with the hospitality industry or in a Sales environment will be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Ability to speak and write Cantonese/Mandarin/Malay or Thai will be an added advantage
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office and other common business software e.g. LinkedIn, Xing, CRMs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple task within a given time frame/prioritize work and meet stringent deadlines
- Self-motivated, well-organized and results-driven professional
- Good team player and ability to maintain healthy working relationships at the workplace
- Ability to coach and train new recruits on the internal HVS standards
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of the task at hand
- Demonstrate high work ethic, integrity and discretion with attention to detail
- Should be passionate about quality and customer service
The package will include a draw base salary against a competitive commission scheme.