The primary job aim is to develop an understanding of the hospitality market and the various players in the industry. To understand the various classes and types of hotels, different brands and operators and the building specifications. To understand the nuances of field work, and handling a sales pitch.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES –
- Conduct market and economic feasibility studies and valuations of hotels and other hospitality related (income producing) real estate
- Conduct field research for any assignment including travel, site visit, area interviews, property inspections and gather market intelligence data/trends for reports and publications
- Work on HVS models – F&B, Demand, Spa and Room type. Be able to explain and navigate through them.
- Able to study and analyse the various reports on demand & supply analysis and income & expense forecasts
- Interact with clients and get involved in business development. Manage the client relationships and grow the professional network
- Active participation in industry conferences, to network within the industry
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES –
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask/prioritize work and meet stringent deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency to solve problems and get work done
- Good team player and ability to maintain healthy working relationships at the workplace
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of the task at hand
- Demonstrate high work ethic with attention to detail
DESIRED PROFILE –
- Degree from a reputed university in hospitality management, real estate or valuation
- Prior hotel experience is a MUST
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in the same or similar work domain
- Strong analytical, financial and report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to travel across the MENA region
- Experience in working with advanced excel, powerpoint, microsoft word