HVS are interested in applications for the role of Analyst in Consulting and Valuation team in London.
Please apply with both a CV and a motivation letter addressed to Ms Tanya Lees, outlining your reasons for your application and your suitability for the role and paying close attention to the requirements below.
Client & Assignment Related Work
Following a suitable period of training, to conduct hotel and related hospitality sector valuations, feasibility studies and operational reviews. This might involve, among other things:
Administrative and Marketing Responsibilities
- Assignment brief and administration – compliance with HVS London’s established procedures for monitoring the progress of each assignment
- Pre-fieldwork – establishing a programme of meetings in the location of the subject property to ensure a successful research programme;
- Fieldwork – visits to local market area typically for between three and five days, occasionally for longer periods when multiple studies are being carried out;
- Inspections – tours of the subject property and competitive properties, potentially to conduct interviews with senior professionals.
- Desk research – telephone, internet searches, published data sources, known sources of reliable information;
- Meetings or telephone conversations with relevant sources of information including, for example, hotel general managers, sales managers, financial controllers, local government officials, planners, other valuers, real estate agents, bankers and so forth;
- Analysis of data obtained during research;
- Preparation of detailed financial projections, typically using HVS London’s bespoke suite of complex financial models;
- Drafting of reports in accordance with an agreed proposal/engagement letter and HVS London’s agreed house style, in faultless business English – review of draft with assignment manager and/or assignment director and preparation of final version for submission to editors;
- Co-ordination with assignment manager and/or assignment director throughout the assignment, enabling appropriate feedback to be given at each of the key stages;
- Liaison with clients during the assignment as directed by the assignment manager and/or assignment director, handling revisions to final report as agreed with the assignment manager and/or assignment director;
- Completion of end of assignment administrative procedures, including the proper and timely filing of work papers and research materials, plus value sign-off (if applicable), assisting the assignment manager and/or assignment director with the collection of any outstanding charges from the client
- Participation in office meetings, weekly progress meetings, and marketing meetings;
- Participation in appropriate training courses, attendance of relevant conferences and hospitality industry meetings, as agreed with senior management;
- Participation in one of the marketing and sales teams, working with a more senior associate on a mutually agreed geographic area, product or service, engaging in appropriate marketing and sales related activities;
- Writing articles (minimum of one per year), assisting with research projects and in-house publications, as directed by senior management;
- Attendance of meetings with prospective clients, as invited by a director or associate director (subject to time availability), drafting of proposal letters and handling follow-up discussions with prospective clients;
- Compliance with administrative procedures and practices, as operated within the HVS London office;
- Completion of regular appraisals, at least annually, and discussion of progress and performance with members of senior management team, as appropriate;
- The preparation of presentations and other marketing collateral.
- First degree from a recognised hotel school
- Full-time working experience in an international hotel company or unit environment, ideally in a finance/accounting, rooms division, development, sales and marketing, or administrative management position – OR – two years working in a specialist hotel consultancy or hotel-specialist real estate firm.
- Postgraduate qualification (MBA or equivalent) – desirable. If the MBA is via a hospitality related course, the first degree may be in another discipline.
- First degree (upper second or equivalent) plus Postgraduate qualification (RICS or equivalent)
- Full-time working experience in an international hotel real estate advisory firm, or the hotel division of such a firm, including at least one year in a valuation role.
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to speak at least one other European language fluently is preferable.
- Strong level of numeracy and an analytical aptitude.
- Knowledge of the European hotel sector.
- Strong computer skills, including financial modelling (Excel) and word processing (Word) – prior experience of using presentation software and databases would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in and travel within the EU without the need for a special work permit or visa is essential.
SALARY: - an attractive compensation package is offered
- Strong desire to work with HVS
- Team player
- Aspiration to become totally immersed in hotel consulting
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High personal, professional and ethical standards
- High level of motivation
- Self-starter, independent
- Willing to ‘go the extra mile’
- Thirst for knowledge and experience
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Positive mental attitude
- Enjoy travel, meeting people and networking
- Entrepreneurial outlook – interest in developing own business
- UK or European driving license
- Current UK or EU Working Visa